Friday, February 24, 2017

MC 900 Ft Jesus With DJ Zero ‎– UFO’s Are Real












MC 900 Ft Jesus With DJ Zero
UFO’s Are Real
1990 Nettwerk

So Shelf & I were discussing good ol’ Mark Griffin a couple days ago. Hell With The Lid Off is one of my all time favourites, in fact it’s framed on my wall. Partly because the artwork was done by my friend & idol Steven Gilmore (wish he had done this single) - other part, its a frickin’ cool-ass album! One of the most unique albums you’ll ever hear, all the songs are brilliant. This single gives you two non-album versions of the funky title track and the exclusive Revolution 10. Nettwerk was killing it during this time period.
  1. UFO's (Exhibit A)
  2. Revolution 10
  3. UFO's (Exhibit B)
                                  Link in Comments

                                  5 comments:

                                  1. Yeaah boii! I'm listening to "Hell With The Lid Off" right now - as you said, truly unique. Sorry that I didn't give MC 900 more attention back in the day - making up for lost time now. And Nettwerk Records is unquestionably Canada's greatest achievement. Party on H3!

                                    ReplyDelete
                                  2. Seeing MC 900 ft and Meat Beat Manifesto on the same bill back in 1990 was a highlight of my concert attendances! Your friends with Steven Gilmore...the SG of Nettwerk? NICE! I loved his work.

                                    ReplyDelete
                                    Replies
                                    1. That would be on my highlight list for sure. Yes, I met Steven back in 1994. He's the main reason I became a designer, brilliant guy. Have a fun story to share on my next post about him

                                      Delete
                                  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

                                    ReplyDelete