Monday, September 17, 2018

Loop Guru ‎– Skin Heaven











Loop Guru
Skin Heaven
1997 North South

Loop Guru lurk on the border between techno and world-music. I’ve seen the described as Ethno-Techno, Worldbeat & Exotic Dub to name a few. Lead by Jamuud (Dave Muddyman) and Salman Gita (Sam Dodson) with a large supporting cast including the likes of Speechless, Linda Goldfinger (Nidahl Bulbul), Elmer Thudd and this single has the lovely voice of Millennia. After ripping this single I’m kind of regretting not posting the album Loop Bites Dog where this single comes from because I forgot how damn good it was… maybe if requested enough I’ll add it as well. Who doesn’t love a good Doumbek & Tabla? Enjoy!
  1. Skin Heaven (Radio Edit 1)
  2. Skin Heaven (Jackdaw In Skin Heaven)
  3. Skin Heaven (Radio Edit 2)
  4. Skin Heaven (Extended Trapezium Mix)
Link in Comments

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wake-up. It's kinda crazy how a mind can forget such a great band, then a strong wind (such as yourself) blows the clutter away, & voila...am listening to Catalogue of Desires Vol. 3 as I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you bet NØ! As I mentioned above I had forgotten how good they were as well! I love CODv3, I've used "Mountain Of Waterglass" to open chill sessions many times. Cheers!

      Delete